Rick is the founding Pastor of the Church of the Free, where he has served as the lead Pastor for over 13 years.
Rick is a gifted teacher who makes the Bible applicable to life and easy to understand. Many at the Church of the Free have commented they learned more about having a personal relationship with God in one year of attending the Church of the Free than from decades of attending other churches.
Rick’s passion is to help everyone experience God’s heart for them and His presence and learn how to apply the scriptures to our lives to experience true transformation. He started Come Close Ministries to help people outside of his church draw close to God and learn how to experience His presence daily. Rick earned a Master’s of Divinity from Multnomah Biblical Seminary, where he was awarded the Faculty Award for Spiritual Life. He had the respect of his seminary peers being chosen as the Student Body President for 2 years. In this role, he served his fellow seminarians and grew his gift of leading leaders.
Outside of the Church of the Free, Rick is a sought-after speaker, mentor, counselor, and spiritual coach. Rick is extremely approachable and is able to easily connect with people of all ages and walks of life.
His ability to speak to all ages comes from his vast ministerial experiences from Young Life and various pastoral roles. In addition to being the lead teaching pastor at Church of the Free, Rick has served as a College Pastor, Young Adult Pastor, and Discipleship Pastor. He also leads a men’s group composed of men primarily in their 50s, 60s, and 70s. Regardless of age, Rick makes the Bible come to life and easy to apply.
Rick enjoys all sports, hiking, kayaking, history, and travel. He also loves to spend time with his family and doing things his son loves. An example of this is that his son loves to dress up in costumes... you’ll often find the two of them walking the dog as Spiderman and Chewbacca.
Rick and his wife live in Herndon, VA, with their son.
Here are the reasons you can depend on Rick Reiter to help you connect with God in a way you never thought possible:
- REPUTABLE – Rick has been in ministry for over 29 years. He is a respected leader in his field and community.
- EXPERIENCED – Rick's minsterial experience is vast. He has ministered to both young and old, men and women, and all stages of life. His ministry experience includes: Young Life, College & Young Adult Pastor, Discipleship Pastor, Lead Pastor, and missionary. He's led ministries for single moms, bible studies for all age groups and personalities. Rick has a way of relating to people because he loves people and the vast unique personalities and experiences of people.
- INTEGRITY – Building a reputation of integrity takes years, but it takes only a second to lose. We don’t believe in cutting corners. The foundation of our reputation is our commitment to do the right thing at all times, regardless of whether anyone is watching.
- RESOURCES – We offer a wide variety of development and training programs built on timeless principles that get results. The authority of all our teaching is the Bible. You won't find Rick teaching something and then trying to find a verse to support his thought. Rather he will start with the Bible and make all his conclusions from the Bible as His source of truth and authority.
- CUSTOMIZABLE – All of our curriculum can be customized to specifically address your individual and organizational needs.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – We want you to be completely satisfied with our services. We will do whatever it takes to make you happy. No hassles, no problems. If you purchase and complete a course from us and you don't get value, we will refund you. See our product agreement for details and qualifications.
Access your FREE GIFT NOW!
Can You Hear God Speak to you?
Click "Access Now" to view the free video, Discovering God's Voice". In this video I will
- Prove to you in 10-Seconds or less that you already Hear God's Voice.
- Teach you Biblical lenses so you can begin to discern God's voice in your life
- Introduce you to who the Bible says the Holy Spirit is and show you where He is speaking to you.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"What a powerful, biblically accurate, encouraging, and practical course! The Lord had placed me in the midst of an exceptionally difficult life trial where I desperately needed to “hear God’s voice” to provide clarity and direction. Rick’s course was God’s timely provision. This course combines sound theology tied to Scripture along with real-life examples from Rick’s own experiences as well as practical exercises; all of which help make the material come to life. I especially enjoyed the session on fear and anxiety. Life-changing truths!"
"I am blessed to have studied with Rick Reiter for many years – for me personally, it’s been ten years. Rick is a gifted pastor and Bible study leader whose teaching has impacted my life significantly. His teaching has been a gateway to better understanding scripture and applying it to my everyday life. I have grown in my relationship with the Lord as a result. I'm privileged to be in a Bible study with him every week and it serves as an anchor for my week, keeping me focused on God’s will for my life. My life is richer for knowing Rick and I am grateful for his teaching and prayer support."
"I met Rick about 5 years ago at a Bible study. Since then, we have become friends, and he has become an important presence in my life. Rick played a major role in the growth of my faith. His knowledge of the Bible and his amazing gift of bringing the Word to life has been a blessing to me and the other men in our group. In addition, the way Rick lives his life is an inspiration to all of us. He lives what he teaches, and I get to see it firsthand. I pray that Rick will always be available to men like me because we need him."
The Hearing God course taught me to hear God's voice clearly, but I also discovered it was more than about hearing His voice. I finally found freedom from condemnation that I wasn’t experiencing in my life. I knew intellectually there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, but the very first lesson about condemnation showed me I did not apply that knowledge to be free. These courses transformed my relationship with God and to walk in His freedom and forgiveness.
"My wife and I took this course, and it completely changed our lives for the best! It’s a missing element that we needed to understand to embrace hearing God and understanding His character and much more."
Overwhelmed & Stressed?
You Can't Defeat Your Demons if...
While We Wait
God tells Habakuk that the desolation they are experiencing will come to an end. The prophecy God gives to Habakkuk is about 66 years before God will fulfill his promise.